Among the first things you want to do after getting engaged is start touring wedding venues. There’s a lot that goes into finding the perfect venue. Keep the following tips in mind when you start touring different places.
Tips for Touring Venues
Now that you understand the main decisions to be made, here are a few quick tips for scheduling and touring different wedding venues:
- Tour at least 3 different sites.
- Try to visit a site when it is already set up for a wedding.
- Make these initial visits with your fiance only. The venue is a highly personal decision and should be agreed upon by both of you.
- Don’t book the first place you see.
- Take pictures!
- Check referrals from other couples.
- Look at the lighting, especially where the ceremony will be held.
- Get everything in writing.
Questions to Ask at a Venue
At each venue you visit, the following questions are essential:
- For an outdoor ceremony, what is their weather contingency plan?
- Do they have preferred vendors or any vendor restrictions?
- For what amount of time will you have the place?
- Will there be other parties going on in the building in addition to your reception?
- Do they provide chairs for the ceremony, or will you have to rent them? What about table linens?
Choosing your venue doesn’t need to be stressful. Remember to keep that visual in mind of your dream wedding, while balancing in the logistics for your budget and guest-list size. Central Iowa is packed with beautiful places to get married. Start booking tours and let the Iowa backdrop bring your wedding to life.